Thursday, December 6, 2012

Getting ready to decorate for Christmas!

(Photo via Pinterest)

Last night after work John and I had dinner and then the unpacking commenced.  John decided he wanted to start putting the Christmas tree up.  We have an artificial tree, but this will probably be the last year we use it.     The tree is over 10' tall and is just so heavy!  John started with the bottom section of the tree but we decided it was just too full and big for the area we are putting up the tree.  So we decided to skip the bottom section and only use the next 4 sections.  That worked better!  It is really exciting for us to be decorating the new house for our first Christmas in our new house!!  I probably won't start until Friday night hanging up the Christmas/Winter pictures and getting out all the Christmas decorations we've collected over the 33 years we've been married.  It is so much fun-I love this time of year!!

9 comments:

  1. Sherri, I am excited for you. My daughter could not wait to put her tree up....the very week they moved into their new home. blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first Christmas in your new home should be commemorated with parties and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenclair, there will be plenty of parties and plenty of pictures!! I will post some photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy decorating!! We're going minimal this year in our little NYC abode..., but plenty of Christmas lights. Love the lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya, I love lights too! I probably won't have as many decorations up as usual either due to the fact we just moved. Who know though I might go crazy and pull everything out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Sorry to bother you again, just wondered if you had had a chance to remember the location of the cottage on the coast of Ireland.

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you, Sherri!
    I love your holiday header.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul,

    I don't know which cottage photo you are talking about on my blog. What date on my blog did I have a photo of a cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul,

    I don't know which cottage photo you are talking about on my blog. What date on my blog did I have a photo of a cottage?

    ReplyDelete