Monday, February 17, 2014

Pork Roast with Apples and Onions





Yesterday I decided to cook a pork roast.  Now I usually make this roast in the oven with apples and onions, but I decided this time to roast it on the stove in my Paula Deen Cast Iron Pot.  It turned out awesome!!  The house smelled so wonderful.  The apples, onions and the pork are such wonderful aromas!! 

My sister, Sandy bought me the Paula Deen cast iron pot with lid when she was visiting me 2 years ago.  I don't use it too often, but I am planning on using it more now that I know the roasts turn out so wonderful when using it!  I bet cornbread would be good in it too! 


I also made mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.  What a perfect meal for a wintery day!

6 comments:

  1. Sherri- That looks absolutely delicious! Isn't that smell amazing? Glad you were able to use your pot! I just made something similar a few weeks ago with pork chops. Oh-it was SOOO good...and I threw some apple pie spice in on the apples/onions before it cooked. Now my mouth is watering all over again. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, this looks so scrumptious! I can just imagine how wonderful the house smelled when it was cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That looks so delicious, Sherri! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not even lunchtime yet and I'm salivating - that looks delicious.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, It sure looks wonderful. I know it's a heavy pot, I have a dutch oven "food network" It's all I can do to lift it . My mom always made corn bread in her cast iron skillet. She made it on top of the stove, She would lift one side and slide a plate under it to flip it over. I called it hill-billy cooking. Good luck on many more success in your pan. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I made you all want pork roast!! LOL!! It was so good!

    ReplyDelete