Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring has Sprung in Charlotte!

After the long, cold winter here in Charlotte this year it is so nice to finally see green grass, pansies, flowering trees blooming and warmer temps!  On my drive home from work today I snapped two photos.  It was raining so the photos didn't show as much color as I saw but I think everyone will get the idea.

This is a lovely section of Charlotte on Colony Road.  There is a beautiful brick wall along a portion of this road with lovely lamp posts.  I took this photo mainly for the green grass.



I was waiting at a traffic light when I snapped this photo.  This is also on Colony Road in the Giverny section  The pansies were such a bright purple-blue color.  Of course with the rain it didn't come out as bright as it really was.
Hopefully tomorrow I can take some more flowering trees, daffodils, etc.  Enjoy this lovely Spring weather!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you, Sherri! We still have some snow here. Spring doesn't really come for us for about 6 weeks yet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring to you, Sherri! We still have some snow here. Spring doesn't really come for us for about 6 weeks yet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sherry! I am heading to Charlotte this afternoon! We are spending a night with a son that lives there and have some business to attend to Saturday morning. Then heading back here to Hendersonville late in the day. I know the weather is supposed to be lovely tomorrow in Charlotte! What area of Charlotte do you live in? My son lives in the Ballantyne area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy spring to you, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see spring photos even if they are several growing zones south of me. Enjoy the spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete