Wednesday, January 6, 2016

01.06.16 Amaryllis and Makeup

I am so excited my Apple Blossom Amaryllis is blooming!!  Here is a picture:





There are 3 of these beautiful blossoms blooming right now with a 4th to open!!  I used to have so many amaryllis in NJ when we had our farm, but one by one they died off.  I am going to buy some more next Fall and start a new collection.  That is a goal for me for 2016!

Next lets talk makeup ladies!!  I used to sell Mary Kay cosmetics (well I still can get some for myself, I'm just not having parties anymore).  I have fallen in love with 2 quads, one is called Sandstorm and one is called Chai Latte.  I love them both!!  I also use almost every day 3 different mineral eye shadows.  They are Sweet Cream, Ballerina Pink and Precious Pink.  I also put a little bit of Chocolate Kiss in the corner of my eye.  I love these colors together.  Here they are:

Chai Latte Eyeshadow

Sandstorm Eyeshadow

Sweet Cream, Ballerina Pink, Precious Pink Eyeshadow
I have every color mineral eyeshow that Mary Kay makes and I love mixing and matching these colors.  Here is my palette:



I love Mary Kay's Whipped Berries Lipstick and Pink Lustre Lipgloss.  Here is a picture of the lipstick and gloss:

Whipped Berries Lipstick

Pink Lustre Lipgloss
Hope you like my choices of makeup!  I think all these colors make me feel a little brighter in the Winter.  I also use these colors in the summer but I feel like in the Winter you need a little boost because everything is so drab and colorless. 

I hope everyone is having an awesome beginning to 2016!!

2 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I love makeup, especially eyeshadows! I wear similar colours myself. -Jenn

Debbie said...

Flowers always give me a lift...no matter what season...but especially in the Winter months!
You are so right about using make-up for the Winter, Sherri. I just did my nails on Friday, and such a little thing helped to brighten my day. Thank you for sharing such an uplifting post!
Smooches.
Debbie
xo


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!