Friday, September 2, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

It is Labor Day Weekend :)!!  I am so glad it is Friday and I have a 3-day weekend ahead.  I have a few things planned but nothing that is very strenuous for sure-LOL!!  Saturday I'm going to get the attic more organized.  I have some things up there that probably needs to go Goodwill.  Then I am planning on putting up my family photo wall in the hall upstairs.  Probably some reading and knitting (and of course, tea drinking) will happen.  Sunday the grandboys and Jenny are coming for dinner.  So during the day on Sunday there will be knitting and reading happening again!  Monday will also be a chilling out day and I think a visit to Jenny's to help her move the chicken coop.  She wants to move it further away from her house and up by her greenhouse.  So overall it will be a great weekend!

I mentioned knitting.  I finished the gauntlets I was working on and if I say so myself they turned out really nice! She really loved them!!


I have also been knitting a Cascade Topper 2 for myself.  This is the photo of the Topper from Ravelry:

Photo Courtesy of Ravelry
I am knitting my Topper in 3 colors different from the Ravelry one.  I am knitting with cream, a rich purple and a tweedy green.  I am working on the first oblong.  In the picture it is white, but that is where I am using the cream yarn.  See below:


I really love this yarn!  It is so soft.  I hope the topper comes out just the way I have planned in my mind!

The book I'm reading is Devonshire Scream by Laura Childs.  I love these tea cozy mysteries!  I have read all of Laura Childs Tea Mystery Books, this is the latest one.  I am also listening the America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie.  This is a very interesting book.  






I hope everyone has a really enjoyable Labor Day Weekend!  Remember:


3 comments:

  1. I love the Topper, Sherri. Have a wonderful weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good knitter Sherri - the gauntlets turned out beautifully! I know your topper will be really special and you'll get lots of looks and positive comments when you wear it I'm sure.

    Do you ever plan to return to Ireland for another great visit? I hope we can get back again. I'll be digging out my gauntlets purchased there in June - needless to say haven't worn them yet!

    Happy holiday weekend - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri, you are a very talented knitter, how beautiful! And the books here look very good. I also love your Autumn background and header! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete