Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I have started painting again!

My life will be different now that John is gone.  I have to learn to fill my days (weekends) and nights with things I love to do.  I hadn't painted since the end of October or beginning of November.  With packing up the house and moving and then losing John, I had so many things to do.  I have finally put Christmas away (about a week ago) and I needed something to do that I really enjoyed.  I have been knitting a baby blanket for my niece, Devyn's new baby due on the 16th (this Thursday!!).  I can do that while watching TV though.  I decided on Saturday to take my paints, paper, brushes, etc. out and try my hand at painting again.  I painted two paintings.  One was of a field with a very storm sky (angry almost) with 2 silos in the distance.  The other was of a pomegranate whole and a sliced in half pomegranate.  I was very happy the way they turned out, but I especially love the pomegranate painting.  Next I want to paint a very colorful rooster.

Here are my paintings:



I will be painting more things in the future.  It was very soothing and calming for me to create these paintings. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! I have been away from blogging off and on. I am so sorry for the loss of your hubby. Life can really change in a literal heartbeat, can't it?
    God bless you---keep painting and doing things that make you happy. You are an excellent artist. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are beautiful, Sherri. Do you have specific places in mind to hang them? The pomegranate looks like a perfect pop of color for a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are really talented, Sherri. I really admire your strength and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete