Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring is Here!!

Hi Everyone!  Today is the first day of Spring!  It sure feels it here in NC.  The birds have been really busy here at the feeder, the flowers are popping, pear trees have bloomed and their leaves have come on and the weather has finally turned warm. I am trying to get the plants I brought from our old house to the new house ready to plant.  Some I will have to wait because they are getting ready to bloom.  One is the tree peony below that when I moved from NJ almost 16 years ago I brought to NC with me!!

18 year old Peony Tree

One of the 2 really huge buds on the peony tree.


I planted a camellia this year and it is showing off!


With everyone not knowing how long the COVID 19 will be around, I bought a tomato plant, broccoli plants, lettuce and basil.

Basil

Lettuce

Broccoli

Tomato
I wanted to grow some veggies anyway.  I am also going to put some seeds in a pot.  Yellow Squash, Green Beans and Cucumbers (also more lettuce).

I have been working from home since Tuesday of this week.  I really don't mind it at all.  I certainly don't miss the commute!  I can play classical music or listen to a book on Audible or Chirp.  I can wear my jeans and a t-shirt.  I have seen more of my neighbors (walking outside in the fresh air only) than I have since I moved here in November.  I am walking the dog more and just getting more healthy with my food choices.  So I guess there are some good things that have come out of this horrible virus!  I keep everyone in my prayers daily re:  COVID 19.  

I will be blogging more also.  It is a good way to communicate with people and let them know what I am up to!  I missed blogging and I'm looking forward to sharing more.

Everyone be safe and take care!  See you tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment