Saturday, October 10, 2020

Autumn Has Arrived

 Well I think it is safe to say that Autumn has arrived in NC!  The days and nights have become cooler.  The leaves are changing colors, the flowers are either being revived and blooming again or they are slowing down.  People are picking apples in record numbers this year in NC.  Jenny, Kevin and the boys went to Hendersonville to pick some apples and they said it was loaded with people picking.  They brought me back some apples (Gala and Pink Lady).  I made an apple crisp and boy was that good!  

I hadn't painted with my watercolors in some time, so I painted the pumpking below and I really love the way it turned out.


A few people have asked me to paint some note cards.  I think I will do this for all the seasons.  This weekend and next week, I will be working on creating some cards.  I will put them in my etsy shop for sale.  I had really missed painting and I really enjoyed getting back into it!

I have the house all decorated for Autumn and Halloween now.  It was really alot of fun getting everything all together. I bought on etsy 4 medium sized pumpkins this year.  They are so pretty-I just love the jewel tones!!  You can see these below.   I love Autumn!!


I have been knitting alot also.  I am finishing up a cardigan for myself and I am knitting a shawl a friend of mine asked me to do for her.  It is ironic they are both the same base color ( deep maroon).  The shawl has flecks of a few others colors like navy, red and gold in it.  The Black Cherry colored yarn from Heidiandlana.com that I am using for my cardigan is solid.  I will show the finished projects as I complete them.  


Well off to make some pumpkin bread!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Autumn!  Get out and enjoy this wonderful time of year!!


Sherri



5 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn to you, Sherri! Your pumpkin is beautiful! I really love the different orange colors you used. You are truly a talented artist. I wish I could knit, but I guess we don't use many knitted things here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite season! And I want to bake some pumpkin bread. Yum. Nice post, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that Sky Top Orchard in Hendersonville was always packed during apple picking season. Love your pumpkin painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Autumn to you and your family! I love the chill and colors of the Fall. This is a season I look forward to every year! Regards, Naomi Dreams

    ReplyDelete