Monday, February 7, 2022

2.7.2022 Rainy Monday

 Hi Everyone!  Well we are getting rain.  It is dreary, foggy and raining pretty good, but I don't care because it is good for my lawn and my gardens.  We had a drought for the last few months and I am hoping this helps with that.  It has to be good for the spring plants/flowers and our lawns.  

This view across the driveway into my backyard shows you how much rain we are getting.  The golf course is beyond the pine trees and there are a few puddles out there.  They disappear pretty quickly when the rain stops due to our loamy/sandy soil here.

My saucer magnolia really seems to love this weather/rain too!  It looks so pretty looking out my breakfast room bay window while I'm eating my breakfast seeing those gorgeous blossoms!

Not much going on here today.  I have to water and divide some plants that have gotten to big in a huge dish garden I received at my housewarming party in October.  I have a watercolor Valentine painting I want to do for an a spot in my house that needs a little color (I will show it to you when I'm done with it).  I will probably work on the shawl I'm knitting and while knitting I'll be listening to the audiobook, Such a Good Wife by Seraphina Nova Glass.  I finished reading Coral Cottage and that was a cute story!  Sounds like the perfect rainy day to me!

Everyone have a lovely day not matter what the weather is in your neck of the woods!  

Hugs,

Sherri


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the views. It's gonna be spring somewhere! K.C. is just now thawing with a 50 degree day. It was 10 below last Wednesday with 3-5 inches of snow. Bleh. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rainy day is nice, once in a while. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have magnolias in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete