Sunday, October 25, 2009

An Autumn Walk around the neighborhood

I decided after church today I would make an apple crisp for John and I. We are doing Weightwatchers but everyone needs a little special treat. We both have done so great this week. We will only be eating a little bit at a time. I just couldn't go a whole Fall without making one for just us. While the crisp was cooling I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I took a 1 1/2 mile walk and decided to share the walk with you. There was so much happening color wise and berry wise arond here! It is just a beautiful time of year. I tried to take a picture of the squirrel playing with the hickory nuts in the driveway behind all the garages here but he was really shy. It looked like he was playing hockey! Very amusing to watch. Enjoy the stroll!


Here is the apple crisp I made. I can't wait to have a little after dinner tonight with my tea-yummy!


Here we go down the path from our townhouse.


The camellias along the path to the house are just beautiful!




The gardeners came and took out all the begonias and summer plantings and they planted the winter pansies! I love all their little faces!!


All the wonderful Fall color around the neighborhood is just beautiful and a joy to behold!


Here are some of the ornamental grasses around the neighborhood. They look like fairies!


This maple tree is just down from our house and it looks so pretty! I love maple tree foliage the best in the Fall.


This is a closeup of the maple leaves-I love the colors.


Here is another tree in the neighborhood that has changed. What a beautiful red!


This cedar tree along the back of the garages has beautiful blue berries all over it-just gorgeous!


This I think is cottoneaster and the berries look so pretty.


Along the one wall their are some ornamental grasses. This zebra grass is really gorgeous right now.


I don't know what these berries are, but they really look beautiful.


All the pine trees around here have these pinecones on them. I guess they are getting ready for Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. You live in such a gorgeous area! Everything looks so beautiful. Annnnd... that apple crisp looks really, really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An autumn walk sounds lovely. Wish it would stop raining here.

    The apple crisp look yummy.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete