Monday, July 18, 2011

Today was a wonderful day for me!!!!

Today I spend the whole day with Owen and Jenny! Jenny and I took Owen to his pediatrician appt. He gained weight and is doing really well. Jenny took a nap and I got to take care of Owen! It was just wonderful feeding him his bottles, changing him and just holding him while he slept! He is a cuddler too, which was wonderful! I just love being a grandmother. There is nothing like it in the world! Jenny is an awesome Mom. I also made dinner for Jenny and Kevin. I didn't want Kevin to have to come home from work and have to cook something. I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for them.

The visit with my sister, Sue, her husband, Chuck and her son my nephew Troy is going really well too. Tomorrow Sue and I are heading out by ourselves to go to a Gallery, a new yarn shop and have lunch out. Then around 2:30 we will head up to Jenny's and help her pack up Owen for his first visit to the yarn shop. All the ladies want to meet Owen. Sue and I will stay there and knit with our friends.

Life is good!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds like you had a great day!
And you're so right..being a grandparent..there is nothing like it in the world!

Mary said...

Sounds like you're having wonderful family time, Sherri. Enjoy :)

Lynne said...

Enjoy that baby! Sounds like you're doing just that!

jenclair said...

Being a grandmother is the BEST! Makes your heart melt, though, doesn't it?

Joyce's Journey said...

I'm so happy for you Sherri! This is such a special time for Jenni too, having you share this time with her.

Kay said...

I'm so glad you're having such a great time with your cuddly one. You are such a blessing to him and to your daughter.

Darlene said...

Sounds like the perfect day Sherri! Don't you just love that baby smell- one of my favorite things is cuddling a baby and smelling that wonderful smell.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!