Sunday, January 8, 2012

My New Knitting Projects

I have been knitting alot lately. I took a small break from knitting after Christmas. It was a very small break, probably a week! I received some really beautiful yarn from one of my knitting friends, Ginny. She is in my knitting group and a real sweetie! The yarn she gave me is by Dream. This is Smooshy which is a cashmere sock yarn, which is hand painted. The color is Nightwatch 220. I found a pattern of a shawl on ravelry.com called Summerflies. Here is a picture from ravelry of the shawl:


Here are pictures of what I've got done so far:



I am also working on a Cowl pattern called Gap-tastic Cowl. I guess the writer of this pattern figured out The Gap cowl and put her spin on it. This is what her Cowl looks like:


The yarn I am using for this project is Mini Mochi by Cascade Palace Yarn. Color 313. The colors are beautiful in this yarn. Here is a picture of the colors:


As you can see, I am not very far along on this project. I just started it today. If this works out some people will be getting this cowl (I will be using other yarns)for Christmas!

Well I'm off to knit!

5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherri- You are so talented! Gorgeous yarn and gorgeous knitting! I want so badly to be able to knit with you some day by the fire.:) Lori

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The projects look beautiful, Sherri. I think I want to try a cowl this year (hello Christmas gifts!)

Sherri said...

Lori-You tell me where and when-LOL!!

Mary-I've never knitted a cowl before either. This year I've decided I'm going to knit something new and cowls are it! I might even try a mobieus!!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

I am in awe at your knitting talent! I can knit one pearl one and that is about it!

Darlene said...

You do such beautiful work Sherri. I wish I had the patience to make clothes and such. I can't wait to see the finished product.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!