Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Steampunk Halloween Costume

Last night Megan and Ken came over for dinner.  The reason for the visit is that I am making Megan's Halloween Costume for their annual Halloween Party.  Megan chose a steampunk pattern for her costume.  We had a lovely dinner of enchiladas that Megan made and she also made a corn/black bean salsa to go with some Tostito chips.  Both were really awesome!  She then out did herself with dessert-strawberries stuffed with cheesecake filling!!  They were so good (and she left some for John and I to have tonight too!).  Thanks for everything Megs!!

Here is the Simplicity pattern I will be creating:

I am making the one on the right.  She bought all the material and last night I started laying it out and cutting it out.  WOW 11.5 yds. of taffetta is alot of taffetta-LOL!!!  I think the costume will be just gorgeous when it is all done.  I will post a photo then.  I will probably be sewing on it this weekend.  With only 6 weeks until we move, I don't want to wait until the last minute!!  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! With a costume like that the party is bound to be fabulous! How sweet of you to make it for her, Sherri! You are one talented lady.:) DInner sounded amazing, too! I just reviewed a book that I think you would love, dear friend. It's called Band of Sisters and I really, really loved it. I didn't want it to end! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sherri. Can you imagine how we would do if all our clothes too so much yardage?? I would be totally crazy. I used to sew like nobody's business...then I just sew whenever I have too now. Can't wait to see how pretty you'll be in the dress. xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie,I think you misunderstood the dress is for my daughter. She will look really pretty in that color. I'm doing it the same as the picture :).

    Lori-that book sounds really good. I'm going to have to put it on my wish list! Maybe Santa will send it to my Nook-LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That looks hard to make! It'd take me months... years... I can't wait to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck! It is going to be gorgeous when it is done! Can't wait to see it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete