Friday, November 30, 2012

We are in and getting settled!

Wednesday at 2 p.m. we closed on our new house.  Thursday at 8 a.m. the movers arrived at the Storage Center to pack up all of our possessions and bring them to the new house.  They left our house last night at 7:00 p.m.!!  The worked the entire day moving everything we have here.  I started unpacking as they were bringing boxes over until about 10:00 p.m.  I woke up today at 5:30 a.m. and started right at the boxes, especially the kitchen boxes.  John and I decided to quit work at 8:00 p.m. tonight.  We are sore, tired and need some relaxation.  Tomorrow we will start working on the other boxes in the garage and getting the loft area situated.  The house has been a delight to set up-we really love living here!  It is alot of work and there is alot more to do but it is all worth it!!

8 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

So happy for ya:)

Blessings,
Linda

NanaDiana said...

Sherri- I am so excited for you- I can't wait to see pictures once you have things in place. xo Diana

jenclair said...

Yay! I know it is exhausting, but so rewarding to finally be in your new home!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Now that has to be a good and happy tired :) Looking forward to pics!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

I am thrilled for you both! I know exactly what you are going through! Except, I still have to paint all of my walls, so I can't unpack everything yet. Have fun!

Low Tide High Style said...

I'm so excited for you Sherri, and I can't wait to see the inside once you're all settled in!

Kat

Michelle May said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait to see everything. This is going to be such a wonderful Christmas in this gorgeous house. I'm so happy for you Sherri!

Kay said...

Yae! That's terrific, Sherri!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!