Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weekend at Folly Beach Really Soggy!!

I haven't posted in a while and I'm sorry about that.  John and I went to Folly Beach, SC Monday and Tuesday and we had torrential rain the entire time!!  We stayed at the Water's Edge Inn, which was really nice.  We did manage to have a good time talking, reading, knitting (well just I was knitting), etc.  We drove over to Charleston on Tuesday on our way back home.  There are so many houses for sale on both Folly and Charleston.  I was so surprised!  The houses in Charleston need so much upkeep, I think that is the problem.

We stopped on the way down to Folly Beach at Summerville, SC.  I knew there was a nice yarn shop there.  Some of my knitting friends had gone there before.  I bought 3 skeins of Liberty Yarn for a scarf/shawl for myself.  I had a lovely conversation with the owner.  She was delightful!!  Next to the yarn shop was a glycerine soap shop but they were closed on the way down.  We stopped in on the way back and the shop was open!  I bought Megan a St. Patrick's Day bar of soap with little clovers and celtic symbols on it for watching Teddy for us while we were gone.  I bought myself some grapefruit scented soap and some vanilla Dream Cream which is body cream!  Smells wonderful!!

So even though it was a soggy 2 days we managed to occupy ourselves and have a good time!!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good time in spite of the sogginess! That soap sounds wonderful...my daughter would love the Irish one!
    Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it was such a rainy time but thankfully you still enjoyed yourself. It sounds nice to take a few days away for reading, talking, and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri- I'm so sorry your weekend was so rainy-- but at least you got in a yarn shop visit-- that makes everything better!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete