Sunday, July 28, 2013

Painting Saturday and Sunday Resting!

Well John and I started painting yesterday morning.  We finally finished at 10:00 last night!  It was a painting marathon for sure!  Here are some of the photos:

 This is the fireplace wall that we painted 2 shades darker than the walls.  We used Valspar's Warm Gingerbread for the fireplace wall.  We used Valspar's Sandpiper for the walls.
The second part of the front hall.
The front hall looking into the Dining Room.
 Looking from the kitchen into the front hall and hall going to the garage.
Living room.
 This is an angel photo we have in the front hall.
Auntie Mae, Canterbury Cupcakes prints in the breakfast room.  These were done by Catherine Holman, a fellow blogger!
 The Living Room looking into the breakfast room.

This is the magnolia blossom painting my Mom did.  We have it hung in the front hall.

John and I needless to say are sore and aching!  We slept in this morning and visited with Jenny, the boys and Megan dropped by too! We had a very nice day!

John and I have had a bummer crop of cucumbers and some tomatoes now out of our garden.

I made cucumber salad and caprese salad for dinner tonight yummy!!
Here is the caprese salad.  I was so, so good!

Friday night we bought a new hummingbird feeder from Lowes.  It is a red bottle with the feeder at the bottom.  I am happy to say I think every hummingbird in the area has found it!!  We had 17 hummingbirds swarming around at one time trying to feed from it!!!




It was a really great weekend!!  Hope everyone had a great one!!

5 comments:

  1. The walls, the paint, the entire house looks awesome Sherri - what a lot accomplished in a weekend! Maybe I should hire you guys, haha!

    Caprese salad, my favorite for Summer and I've been eating one almost every evening. Sadly I wasn't home long enough in Spring to start a garden this season - so am supporting the Farmers' Market instead! Do miss picking nature's bounty from outside the back door though!

    Happy week dear.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walls look great! I know it is a lot of hard work, but the end results are fabulous! We have had so much rain here that our tomatoes are all mushy inside :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri-Your newly painted areas all look great. You did that pretty fast really and now you have all your pictures up already! GOOD job! Love that feeder. I need a new one and will have to look at Lowe's. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly a fabulous colour and I'm so impressed with how hard you worked. I'm dreadful and will do the work in fits and starts when if I just got down to it I could get it done quicker!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK! I am totally impressed with everything. Your color choices and beautiful home, that caprese salad that I love and the hummingbird feeder. I would much prefer hummingbirds to the mynah birds we have in abundance here.

    ReplyDelete