Saturday, July 20, 2013

Rose in the front garden.

Today after John and I had lunch with our friend, Robin Paley at Brixx's Pizza we came home and I made the rounds of the garden out front and veggie garden.  I had won a rose two years ago on a blog.  It is called the Maggie Rose.  Very beautiful.  When John and I were renting a house and then moved into an apartment while we were waiting for our house to be done, I kept this little rose that was like a little skinny plant in a container.  I watered it, fed it and when we finally moved into the house and it was Spring time, I planted this lovely little rose in the front garden in front of the stacked stones we have.  This is what I was greeted with this afternoon!!



Isn't it a beauty!!!  I am so glad I nursed that little itty bitty rose along!  How Mother Nature surprises us all the time with her beauty!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday!!

7 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

What a beautiful color of rose! It likes it's new home.

NanaDiana said...

That is a gorgeous rose and I am so happy that you were able to save it- xo Diana

Debbie said...

What a wonderful surprise you got, Sherri! It's beautiful!
xo

Sherri said...

Thanks girls it is so pretty! I love having a garden to plant things in again!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Yeah! I can comment, Sherri! Love your gorgeous rose, dear friend, and the pictures of Owen are absolutely precious!! Lori

M.A. said...

I love surprises like this! Just immediately put a smile on my face!

Angie

Darlene said...

Oh my is it ever beautiful! I love roses. We have a rose bush in our front yard and the smell is just heavenly.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!