Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Drive and walk around the house and outside 10/20/13

Today I was feeling much better after not feeling good on Friday.  Feeling better now!  Today John took me on a drive to Lake Norman.  It is about 35 mins. from our house.  The weather is just beautiful in the Charlotte area today!  Lovely Carolina blue skies.  It took 2 pictures of the Lake and then we saw this huge (and I mean huge) house on the Lake.  See below:

 This is one house people!!  We couldn't believe it!!  There is an actual Rapunzel-looking turret along the side on the right in the back, you can just barely make it out in the picture.  Unbelieveable!!!

When we came home I decided to do some Autumn decorating around the house.  Here are some things I did:

Here is the fireplace all decked out in fall attire.

 Closeup of the mantel.

I had to put this little witch, black cat and pumpkins out.  Owen and even little Jack will like them.  I have had these little wooden pieces for about 20 years!

Some more decorations.
I love this pumpkin pie cupboard I've got in the Dining Room.  I decided to put some bittersweet vine (not real) by the swan and I hung a primitive wooden ghost on the latch.




I think this is one of my favorite pictures!  The sunlight on the Dining Room table was just beautiful!!

I headed outside and here are some photos I took:

These are my knock out roses by the steps:


 This one is an antique rose.


My Camelia in the front yard has tons of buds on it!!  I can't wait until later in the Fall when they start blooming!


This was the little violas I planted a few weeks ago, they are doing so well and look so happy!!

The next three photos and the last ones for today are of my lemon tree.  I brought my lemon tree in the house last week and now it is loaded with little white buds!!!  I can't wait until they open because they are so fragrant!  Hopefully it will mean more lemons too!



Here is one of the 2 lemons I have left.  Remember the squirrels took the other 2!  Dirty little animals!  Hopefully those 2 will hang on for the next 7-8 months and they will be ripe enough to pick and use.  I love Meyers Lemons!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Whoa, I think those people in that big house are just showing off, as my mom used to say. So funny. I am glad I do not have to clean it. :):) I love all your cute decoration. Kids do notice how we decorated don't they? Enjoy your wonderful weather. xoxo,Susie

Mary said...

....and I just bet that house isn't decorated anywhere near as pretty as your home is Sherri!
OMG - think of the cleaning crew required (and to be paid) for a house that size.
We have friends who live in Cornelius and they drove us around Lake Norman a few years back - the homes are gigantic!

Hugs from a little cottage - Mary X

Darlene said...

I love all your Halloween decorations! And I must say I'm envious of your flowers. Ours are sadly gone already.

Sherri said...

Susie-I was thinking the same thing about cleaning all that!!

Mary-I love little cottages better than huge McMansions!

Darlene-sorry your flowers are gone! Winter sure does come quickly to your neck of the woods for sure!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!