Sunday, April 6, 2014

4-5-14 Wonderful Day in the Garden and at the Garden Center

Yesterday John and I went to Kings Nursery, our favorite garden center.  It is in Stallings, NC about 20 mins. from our house.  I took some photos of a camellia, some hibiscius and a little fairy garden while I was there:

 This camellia was just gorgeous!  I wish I could have taken it home with me!
 I felt like I was in Hawaii when I saw this hibiscius on display.
 Fairy Gardens are the rage this year.  This one was so colorful and cute!
 Another lovely hibiscius.
 A lighter version of the camellia.
I may have to go back and buy this lovely yellow hibiscius tree.  It was so beautiful!!


I also took some pictures of our lovely parrot tulips in our front garden.  I love them!!



John and I undertook a huge task yesterday also!  We really don't like pine straw.  It gets gray, crickets, spiders and snakes like to hide in it too!  We decided to take up all the pine straw in the front garden beds and put down mulch.  While I was working on another project John was bagging up the pine straw.  I started opening the bags of mulch and laying that down.  We were running out of mulch so John went to get more.  I bagged up 3 more bags of pine straw while he was gone.  When he got back I continued mulching.  I don't need a gym membership now I put down 20 bags of mulch and I have 12 bags more to do today!!  Great exercise!  I will take photos today so you can see the end results!  So much better.

I am also working on a project.  Here is the before photos:

This is one of four picnic table chairs we have.  We brought them from NJ when we moved down here.  They are wrought iron.  They originally were a dark green color.  When we bought the new picnic table down here (see below) I spray painted them the color of the table.  We have been here for 10 years (in June) an some of the paint is flaking off.  So I will post the new transformation later today!
We love this table but it needs an over haul too.  Photos of the "new" table later!

While we are tired and sore from all the work we have done this weekend, it still is a wonderful thing to get these projects all done.  Our stamped concrete patio is being poured on Tuesday.  Can't wait to sit out there an enjoy it!!

Yesterday after all the work in the garden Megan and Ken invited us over for dinner.  What a perfect ending to a perfect day!  Also fun hanging out with family!  Megan and Ken are good cooks too!  Jenny, Kevin and the boys joined us, so it was one big family dinner!!  Life is good!!

1 comment: