Thursday, April 24, 2014

Awesome Easter with Family

My sister, Sandy, brother-in-law, Dan and niece, Shawna arrived at our house on Good Friday.  It was so good to see them!  We had a wonderful Easter and visit with them!  We celebrated Jack's first birthday on Saturday.  Then Easter Sunday we woke up and went to church as a family.  The service was wonderful.  We came back to our house and feasted on lamb, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce, biscuits, strawberry cake and chocolate pudding pie.  The grandboys loved their Easter gifts and chocolate!

Jack looking dapper in his seersucker suit!  Owen was too busy playing with his Easter gifts.  You can just see him on the right of the picture.

 Jack in the swing at the playground in our neighborhood.  He just loved that swing!!
Look at Shawna all decked out in her Easter finery!  I love that hat!!

Monday we went to the Carolina Raptor Center.  The grandboys really loved looking at all the birds. We had been there about 6 or 7 years ago and they had alot more birds there.  I loved the owls!  We had lunch at Tupelo Honey in South End.  Then we went to the Sleepy Poet, which is antique mall.  Monday night Megan and Ken had all of us over for dinner.  Ken had made his own Kielbasa and he smoked it in his smoker for us.  We had a wonderful time with them!


 Jenny and Jack at the Raptor Center.
Dan and Owen

Tuesday Shawna, Sandy and I went shopping.  We went to World Market, Pier 1 Imports and Ollie's.  My niece really isn't into clothes shopping, she likes unusual things.  Dan and Sandy treated us all to dinner at Longhorn Steak House for dinner!  It was really fun!

Wednesday Sandy, Dan and Shawna packed up and went home.  I was sad they had to leave.  What a great visit we had and fun times!  Memories were made for sure!! My sister and I stayed up quite a few nights until after midnight chatting!  Love her!!!



6 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a busy few days. Those are wonderful pictures of your family. It sounds like you had enough to eat! Those kids are all so cute dressed up in their Easter finery and I LOVE the hat, too. Beautiful, Sherri! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely adorable child Jack is. You have such a beautiful family, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter with the family looked fantastic, and those darlings boys are growing fast Sherri.

    Wish I could have met up with you at Sleepy Poet - love that place for treasure hunting!

    Happy weekend - loving this NC spring weather, aren't you?

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone!

    Mary-you will have to come down and go to the Sleepy Poet with me sometime soon. It only takes me about 30 mins. to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, I love your photos. The little seersucker suits are adorable aren't they. My daughter's had some dresses made of that when they were toddlers. Glad you had such a blessed Easter. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precious family time. Today I'm catching up with my gorgeous niece and nephew who I've missed terribly whilst I've been on vacation but I have a feeling that my nephew is only keen to see me because he hopes I managed to get his turtle toys in the US!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete