Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Autumn is on it's Way!!





You wouldn't know it today due to the heat we experienced in Charlotte  (100 degrees) but there are signs that Autumn is on its way!  I do enjoy this time of year.  Not only for the cooler weather but the leaves changing, apples are abundant, pumpkins start arriving at Farmer's Markets, etc., etc.  This weekend I made the first apple crisp of the season!  I love the smell of cinnamon wafting through the house while the crisp cooks in the oven.  I will have to get some mums for the urns out front soon.  I sprayed the urns a shiny black this spring, so the mums will look beautiful in them.  The squirrels have also been gathering nuts for their winter storage.

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!

6 comments:

  1. I wish we really had an autumn in the South! We have summer until November. :) Love your new header--as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful header. I wait until Oct 1 to get my mums and pumpkins. They last through Thanksgiving that way.

    I am enjoying every last moment of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off on my holidays next week but when I return I'm embracing Autumn. It's my favourite season and can't wait to decorate for Halloween this year.

    Victoria xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE apple crisp and I love Fall. We're still in summer weather in WI but I expect that to change soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy neighbor. I love your Fall colors on your blog. I was one of those wishing it was autumn already but then I talked myself into just enjoying the summer we have left. Check out my plans for the Fall.
    http://igadiyam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm.... I love apple crisp! 100 degrees? Yikes! And here I was complaining about our 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete