Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cold, Cold and More Cold!!

Well I have just about had enough of this cold weather!!  I have been sick with sinus/ear infections, laryngitis and pink eye for almost 2 weeks!  I am feeling much better now thank goodness.  The cold weather doesn't help!  My Mom told me the other day it was only 2 degrees warmer in NJ than it was here.  I guess we can be thankful we don't have all the snow the North has had over the last few days!  My Mom and sisters got about 19 inches of snow with ice underneath it.  Glad I don't have to deal with that.

I finished listening to The Collector by Nora Roberts.  It was very good!  I had stopped reading Nora Roberts because everything was becoming so predictable.  Lately her books have been really good!  I started listening to These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly.  I read all her other books:  The Tea Rose, The Winter Rose, The Wild Rose and Northern Lights.  She is such a wonderful author!  I love everything she has written!

I haven't seen my grandsons in 2 weeks and I really miss them!  Saturday I will be spending some time with them.  Jenny said they keep asking when can they come see John and I.  She said they have been driving her crazy with questions about why they haven't been seeing us.  Owen found out I had pink eye.  He said he was going to go to school and tell his teacher, "my Nana has a pinky eye!!  LOL, he is so funny!

Well other than trying to get well, drinking tons of water and hot tea mostly I have been reading, resting and trying to stay warm!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and you stay nice and toasty warm!!

4 comments:

  1. Feel better, Sherri. I'm adding The Collector to my audible wish list. Have fun with the grandsons this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired of the cold weather too! I just got over the flu, so I know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you healing thoughts. Just had my blood tested and doctor said I need to drink more liquids. So yup. Tea, chicken soup and water are probably the best cures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you better very soon. Stay warm and wrapped up.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete