Sunday, January 7, 2018

Books for 2017 and Christmas 2017

Well as busy as my schedule was last year, I only got to read or listen to 15 books.  Here is the list:

1. Silver Bells at Moonglow by Deborah Garner.
2. The Collector by Nora Roberts.
3. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly.
4. Pekoe Most Poison by Laura Childs.
5. Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt.
6. The Search by Nora Roberts.
7. The Girls of Ennismore by Patricia Falvey.
8. One Good Thing by Wendy Wax.
9. I am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley.
10. Kiss Carlo by Adriana Trigiani
11. The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
12. Private by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
13. The Irresistable Blueberry Bakery and Cafe by Mary Simses
14. Arsenic with Austen by Katherine Bolger Hyde
15 Winter Soltise by Elin Hinderbrand

I really miss reading books.   I do however, enjoy my Audible account!  I listen to books to and from work.  My commute can be anywhere from 35 minutes but more likely 45-55 minutes.   It gives me a chance to unwind and get lost in a book on an otherwise boring ride home.   You can just listen to so much music, which the radio stations seems to play the same songs over and over!

I hope everyone had a very happy holiday season.  We had a very different, but great Christmas this year.   We rented a wonderful log home up in Blowing Rock, NC.   It was really cold but a wonderful holiday!
This was the log house we rented near Blowing Rock, NC
Entryway into the log house

Twig railing to the second story of the log house.

Mantel/stove area

Our view from the back of the house!

Sunset on Christmas Eve 2017
2017 Mountain House Christmas Tree

Beautiful star my son-in-law, Ken made with just construction paper and glue dots!!  Can you tell he is an engineer!   Just beautiful!!

2017 Christmas Eve

Jack having a special moment with Papa on Christmas Eve

Jack, Megan and Jenny getting into the Christmas spirit!

Jack on the left, Owen on the right waiting patiently to come down Christmas morning!!







                                                                                               

3 comments:

  1. That is quite a list of books. I jotted a couple of them down that caught my attention.

    What a great place to stay and enjoy Christmas. WHAT a view. Love the star that your sil made...it is absolutely perfect!

    Have a wonderful week and new year-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, Happy New Year to you too!! I hope your holiday was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome place you stayed at. I've read a ton of books this past year. I loved the books by Fredrik Bachman. I also read all of my granddaughter's preteen books that were actually really wonderful for her Great Books competition. I'm going to try reading Wrinkle in Time again. I haven't read it since high school.

    ReplyDelete