Sunday, March 4, 2018

Spring has sprung in Mint Hill, NC!!


SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!!!

I love Spring!  Spring has been here for a few weeks now in Mint Hill and we are loving it!  I have planted my pansies (should have done that in the Fall but ran out of time!), the daffodils are blooming, all the flowering trees around here like magnolias, cherry, pear and bushes like quince and baby's breath are blooming-just gorgeous!!


I decided to make a St. Patrick's Day/Spring wreath for our front door.   I saw a little wooden plaque at Hobby Lobby that said "Get Your Green On!!"  I knew I just had to put that on my wreath.  I saw some really real looking ferns at Hobby Lobby and had to put them on the wreath too!  I think it turned out pretty good-see below:







I've done some decorating for Easter too in the Dining Room.  The dough bowl my Dad carved by hand for me needed some Easter decorating and this is what I came up with:

John and I had gone to Pottery Barn and they had the cutest little gray bunnies for sale.   Of course, one had to come home with me!  I thought she would look so cute nestled in amongst some green Spanish moss, faux grape hyacinths, lily of the valley and ferns.  I just loved how it came out!  Dad would be proud!!




While I was at Hobby Lobby the other day, I saw an armillary there!  I just loved it, so I had to bring that home with me too!  I had an armillary before but it got broken and I had to throw it away.  If you don't know what an armillary is, here is Britannica's explanation:

"Armillary sphere, early astronomical device for representing the great circles of the heavens, including in the most elaborate instruments the horizon, meridian, Equator, tropics, polar circles, and an ecliptic hoop. The sphere is a skeleton celestial globe, with circles divided into degrees for angular measurement."

I had the concrete pedestal already it just needed this armillary!!  Great addition to my garden!

Well I know certain parts of the country are getting cold weather, cold freezing rain and snow but right here in my little corner of the world we are experiencing Spring and I am grateful for that!

Enjoy!!







2 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring/Easter/St.Patrick's post is wonderful Sherri! I love all of the pretty decorations you have put together, and displayed so well. Your flowers look lovely, too! We still have snow, and cold here in the north. We are back from Sanibel Island, waiting for the nice weather that you are experiencing.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete