Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Walk Around the Garden in Between Raindrops! 5.20.20

Hi Everyone!  Well this is the second day of rain in our area.  We are supposed to have rain until late Thursday night or Friday a.m.  The weatherman said we are supposed to get a total of 12" of rain and I think we will get that amount.  I have been going out in between the raindrops to empty the dishes I have under all my plants on the courtyard patio.  I don't want them to rot.  My roses that I ordered from Antique Rose Emporium arrived last Wednesday and because I went down to Megan's house in Georgetown, SC Thursday thru Sunday afternoon, I was not able to plant them.  They are doing great though!  If you ever need roses that is the place to order them from.  I've been ordering from them for years and they never disappoint me.  As a matter of fact, here is a photo of some of them:

They arrived in boxes and they were secured really well in there.  They come in 2 gallon pots and are so healthy.  The roses I ordered are General Schablikine, Graham Thomas, Heritage, New Dawn and Pink Prelude.  I cannot wait until they bloom!!  I will take photos of them when they do!

 Last week I went to pick up dirt at Pike Nursery.  I also came home with a few lovelies for my garden:

Rex Begonia

Fuchsia

Madevilla
They have all been wonderful additions to my garden.  The hummingbird has found the fuchsia already!!

I also ordered atleast 20 daylilies from Hemmingway Nursery in Hemmingway, SC.  They used to be Roycroft Nursery but they bought out Bob Roycroft who was retiring.  The new couple bought his stock and moved it to their nursery in Hemmingway.  They run the business the same as Bob did before he retired.  He is also involved in helping them get started.  Wonderful stock and selections!  My little courtyard garden will be an explosion of color this summer thanks to them!!

I have been keeping myself busy with knitting, reading, watercolor painting, making new things like waxed material bowl covers.  I made some with my daughter, Jenny a few weeks ago.  I have decided to make more and put them on my etsy site.  You use these covers instead of saran wrap, you know save the environment! :)  If you are interested my site is cherylmcdermitt1.  I won't have them on the site until tomorrow 5/21.  Take a look and even if you aren't interested, let me know what you think!

Everyone try to have a happy day, I know things are getting tedious being at home and trying to be safe but the more we are at home the less this virus spreads!!  Everyone be safe and take care! 


Sherri


2 comments:

  1. We have the rain too....getting tired of it. Hope it stops soon so you can plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love fuchsias. We did have a bit of drizzle this morning, but it’s been sunny the rest of the time. I’ve been keeping busy sewing masks yet.

    ReplyDelete