Thursday, May 21, 2020

Waxed Cloth Food Covers

A few weeks ago my daughter, Jenny and I made waxed cloth food covers.  I liked them so much and use them everyday, so I thought I would make some yesterday and put them on my etsy site.  (My etsy site address is cmcdermitt1).  It took me longer than I thought it would, but they came out great!  Here are a few of them:






I decided to make these because I am trying to be more eco-friendly.  This replaces saran wrap type products.  The heat from your hands molds the food cover around a container, veggie, fruit, etc.  The only thing you have to be careful of is if you use one for onions or garlic.  The answer to that is use just that cover for just that item.  If they get dirty, you just simply wipe them off, you can even use a little soapy water if necessary.  They should last a year or more!  Glad Jenny wanted to make these, it was fun!

Everyone have a wonderful day!


Sherri

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a cool idea! They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete