Monday, January 4, 2021

A Little of this and that over the Weekend 1.4.2021

I have to say this weekend was exceptionally quiet for me.  It really hit me this weekend how quiet it can be living alone.  I hadn't seen anyone since Wednesday, when I had my vein injections (the last ones I needed YAY!).  I hadn't talked to anyone on the phone since Thursday until I called my Mom on Sunday and spoke to my very good friend, Angie in Minnesota.  COVID has everyone staying at home, which really hasn't bothered me much until this weekend.  Today I get to meet with my very small group of ladies to knit.  I am really looking forward to that.  

Over the weekend, I managed to take down Christmas items, store them and get them out to the garage.  Jenny will be coming this weekend to help me get them up on the 2 racks in the garage.  We are going to do a little bit of organizing out there.  It needs it really badly!  We will also take down the tree and put it back into its box.  I have all the ornaments off, so it shouldn't take too long.  I didn't take down the garland on my mantel.  Underneath the greenery I have a roping of snowflakes and sleigh bells.  That still is appropriate.  I changed out the 2-tiered tray on my kitchen counter and I redid the top of my desk and the one cupboard I have.  I kept it kind of Winter/St. Valentine's Day.  I have to pick up a few wooden hearts or something like that for a small 2-tiered tray on the top of my desk.  Here are some pictures of what I did:




On Friday, I made some more yogurt in my Ninja Foodi.  I just love that yogurt.  I strained the whey from it, so it is thick like Greek yogurt.  I have started sprinkling cinnamon on it when I have it for breakfast-it is so good!!


Saturday night I brought the Ninja Foodi out again.  I made the most amazing chicken breast in the air fryer part of the Ninja Foodi.  I put a heaping tsp of Dijon Mustard in with a tsp of mayo.  I put that all over the chicken breast and then rolled it in Panko bread crumbs.  It was so good with Trader Joe's Roasted Veggies, which I did in the oven.  


Well that is about it for today!  I'm really glad I got back into blogging.  I miss chatting with everyone and seeing what you all are doing.  

Have a wonderful day!!  


Sherri

 

7 comments:

  1. I'm new here Sherri and I really enjoyed reading your post today! Your photos are precious and you've inspired me to try a little Valentine's decorating. Have a lovely time knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have your knitting group to look forward too. Love your winter/Valentines decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your chicken dinner looks delicious! I'll have to try that, Sherri.
    I'm glad Jenny will help you organize the garage, etc. Will the boys come with her?
    I'll probably take things down this weekend. I like the mantle greens. It's a snowman theme and with the snow weather we have it seems only right to keep it out. So, the trees will be put away and you've reminded me to look for the Valentine's Day things. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken breast you made in your air fryer looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a once social butterfly the quite can be over whelming at times. However, I had started to enjoy my time alone with my furs a few years ago (chronic illness). I however still get out and about cause I have to bring in money!! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good talking to you! Its about the only girl talk I get here too! I love the tiered tray. Mom and I were talking about your talents and how crafty you are! :) Me? Not so much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks very yummy. Here's wishing you a happy week without the anguish of this past week.

    ReplyDelete