Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year - Welcome 2021

Happy New Year Everyone!!  I am sure we all were glad 2020 was over last night.  I didn't do anything to ring in the new year but watch TV and knit.  I doubt alot of people went out due to COVID.  It was really nice to just relax and enjoy the night.  After the rush of Christmas, we all need some down time.  I heard from both of my daughters and 2 sisters.  I spoke with my Mom today.  We all agreed 2020 needed to end!

I sometimes have made resolutions but this year was not one of them.  I do however, have some things I would like to accomplish this year.  Here is a list of what I could think of at the time of writing this:

1.  Read more.

2.  Blog more.

3.  Finish refinishing my Great Grandmother Sisco's vanity and matching chair.

4.  Refinish the farm table made by the Amish to replace my dining table.  

5.  Walk more around my neighborhood and hopefully soon on the greenway near where I used to live.

6.  Paint more watercolors.  Possibly trying scenes instead of still life paintings.

7.  Knit an Irish Fisherman's knit cardigan.

8.  Knit another cardigan for myself.

9.  Start writing in my journal everyday again or atleast every other day.

10. Work on my flower garden in my courtyard-make it more beautiful!

I think this is a good start for now.  I don't want to go crazy listing things and not be able to accomplish them.  

All of the list above, would make me feel good about myself.  It would also make me happy 😃!  I have been through alot in the last year, so things that make me happy are high priority!

I am going to plan out my garden in my courtyard and patio much different this year.  It was pretty this past year but I really want to use every space I can to make it beautiful.  I have a VegTrug raised bed (it is actually on legs) to put together.  I am going to try and grow my veggies in that instead of having so many pots on the patio.  It was just too crowded last year.  I have also decided that broccoli and cabbage should only be grown in the Fall here.  It just bolted when it got hot and the cabbage really never grew and was drilled through with holes from bugs.  

I hope that all of you had a wonderful New Years Eve and Day!  I hope to hear from some of my old blog friends on here and to gather some new ones!

Hugs,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment