Monday, July 26, 2021

Den Painting and Kitchen Tile 7.26.2021

Hi Everyone!  I haven't been on here in awhile because I have been painting, painting, painting.  I had to put KILZ on the trim and wainscoting in the den.  The wood was stained Black Walnut.  It took 2-3 coats of KILZ.  I then painted the trim and wainscoting with semi-gloss white.  It took 3 coats of that.  I then pick a bold color for the top of the wall above the wainscoting.  I picked Veranda Blue.  I love the way the white paint makes this color pop!  Here is the room so far.




This is what the den looked like before my paint job.  I think the change is so much better!!


 

The contractor came today and worked on the kitchen backsplash tile.  I chose a white subway tile and behind the stove a herringbone pattern with the subway tile.  Here is the backsplash without grout.  It will be grouted tomorrow.



I love the way this has turned out.  Once the wood flooring is put down the Refrigerator and Dishwasher can be installed.  The gas stove might have to wait because I am waiting for the gas line to be brought in from the street and a meter set.  It will be amazing though.  The appliances are all stainless steel.  The grout will be white.

My contractor also could make the windowsill extra deep so I can put mementors, small flower vases, etc. on there.  (There is a piece of trim missing under the sill.)  So happy about that!


Everything is moving along and I can move into the kitchen soon.  I will still have to use a portable burner because the stove isn't ready yet, but it will be wonderful not to be cooking in the dining room!  I have been doing this since the first week of May.  I also now have water on the first floor!


Thanks for coming along with me on the remodel so far!

Have a wonderful evening!


Sherri

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Sherri:
    I've been following along on your awesome home transformation. Your changes are all so wonderful. I just bet you can hardly wait for it to be finished, so you can relax and enjoy it.
    Hope you have a great week!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! That means alot to me. It has been alot of hard work but it is finally getting there!

      Delete
  2. I love your home and Lake City. I lived in Florence and commuted but moved to an old house apartment across from the R McNair statue on Main Street…After I bought my house in WV, I moved to an efficiency on Myrtle Beach High Way to teach my last year there…I only left because daughter was expecting first grand and needed to be closer…spent every Saturday at Myrtle…now I live at the Gulf but the red tide keeps us away right now…Florida is fantastic just like SC…enjoy enjoy enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue you used! Your kitchen is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! It is so hard to chose colors out of my comfort zone, but I think I pulled it off! :)

      Delete
  4. The blue and white is so fresh, Sherri. And your kitchen looks wonderful. I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! You are always so kind in your comments. I do love the blue and white! It really needed some pop in there and I think I got it with these color choices. :)

      Delete