Monday, August 2, 2021

8.2.2021 Where Did July Go?

 Hi Everyone!  Welcome August!  Where did July go to?  It just flew by.  It is hot and humid here in SC and we have been having really horrific thunderstorms almost daily.  I try and stay indoors most of the time because the minute you go out it is like a sauna out there!  I do have to take care of my gardens, flowers and the pups of course.  I have been working on the house, specifically painting which is all inside.  Thank goodness!

So far I have moved into the kitchen!  That is monumental to me my friends.  I have been without a kitchen and have been working out of my dining room temporarily.  I use an electric burner that Jenny and Kevin let me borrow.  I have also been using my air fryer, microwave and toaster oven.  Oh and I use my gas grill whenever I can.  I really missed my sink for getting water and washing my dishes.  I had to go to the bathroom upstairs and use the sink and tub.  Little by little everything is getting done!  Here are some photos of the kitchen update:

I bought this riser at an estate sale on Friday for $10!

I am loving this herringbone pattern behind the stove.

All the subway tile is grouted.

I am loving the quartzite countertops.  Excuse the wire coming down the contractor was putting in the under cabinet lights.

Here is my pride and joy-a pull out spice cabinet.  It is really narrow but holds almost all of my spices.  So convenient by the stove.

I have moved into the Master Bathroom also!!  This has been such a lovely thing!  I feel like I am staying at a luxury hotel (just the bathroom though because my bedroom doesn't have carpet yet LOL).  Here are some photos of the bathroom.  Loving the glass barndoor shower door!!




Everything turned out even better than I thought!  I especially love the glass tile border in the shower.  I originally wasn't supposed to have a bench, but there was a vent for the bathroom in that spot, so a bench was necessary.  I like it though :)!

In amongst all the renovations, I decided I needed to get a bicycle.  I went on FB Marketplace and here is what I got:


I have always wanted a bike I could ride around the neighborhood and/or go to the many parks in this area with Jenny and the boys.  It is good exercise.  It has a basket, water bottle holder and cell phone holder.  The lady also gave me a brand new helmut, water bottle, bike lock and a few other little things she said she wanted me to have.

Hope you enjoyed the reno updates!  Have a wonderful day!!


Sherri

8 comments:

  1. Dear Sherri:
    I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your progress photos! Keep 'em coming.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Sherri! I love your spice storage, the tile, countertops, everything! The bike is too cute. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen and bath look great! Love the color of the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog…can’t wait to see the finished house…also love hearing about your living in Lake City and where you go about…

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are amazing, I am overwhelmed! Sherri you are doing a fine job and everything is looking fabulous. Wish I had half your energy.
    I feel your happiness in 'rescuing' this really great house. . . . . . . .and wish you and your family many wonderful years in it dear.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete