Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Some Halloween DIY's I have done over the past week!

 I never really decorate alot for Halloween, mostly just Fall decorating goes on here.  This year I saw where someone on IG took the plastic pumpkins the kids used to carry around to hold their candy while Trick or Treating and they turned them into vase holders or candle holders.  The IG account was @caligirlinasouthernworld.  If you haven't checked her out I would, she has fabulous recipes, DIY's and the cutest animals!  Here is what I created:

So you take the handles on a plastic pumpkin bucket and snap them off.  Then I took an Exacto knife and cut out the eyes, nose and mouth.

Then I sprayed the inside and outside of the pumpkins with a Rustoleum Metallic paint.  I think this was called glittery gold or something like that.  I thought they would even look cute in black!  Then on Halloween, I will put a battery-operated candle down inside and it will be a pumpkin lantern.  I'm going to put mine at the end of my front walk.  Quick and easy!


My second DIY was I took a metallic pumpkin that was available through Target.  Sometimes they are sold out but then it is back in stock again.  You just have to keep on checking.  


I put my diffuser inside the pumpkin.  I also turned the color of the diffuser to orange.  I love the way this one turned out too!  This idea was from Karlee on IG.  She goes by: @karleegailbowman.  She has alot of great ideas also.  Check her out!


That's probably the only Halloween DIY's I'll be posting this year.  Like I said I usually decorate for Fall more than Halloween.  Tomorrow I'll post what I did for my Fall decorating this year.

Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri, I'm glad you figured things out on your original blog. I think I can post comments anonymously (I couldn't at all before).
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I'm glad you were able to get thru and comment.

      Delete
  2. Yay! You're back again. Weird thing. When I added this blog onto my sidebar again, your Wordpress somehow just disappeared. No idea how that happened. Ah well... All's well that ends well. Since we don't decorate for fall or Halloween, I'm always happy to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete