Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Lots of News!

 I have to start by saying I am so sorry for just dropping out of sight on my blog.  I had every intention of keeping this blog going and I'm going to start doing a better job at posting almost on a daily basis.  I have so much to tell you!!

You know I went to NJ in October for my Mom's 85th birthday.  Well I brought her home with me for 2 weeks.  We had a great time and then it was time to take her back home.  When we were driving down to SC from NJ, my Mom was chatting away.  We had just crossed into NC and she asked if I had heard from a former co-worker of mine.  I told her no and said that he probably remarried.  I had worked with Scott when I was at Myers & Chapman when I lived in NC.  It was actually my second job when I moved to NC.  He was a Project Manager and I was the Project Assistant for all the PM's.  We worked well together and found out he grew up in PA, which would have only been about 1.5 hrs. from where I lived in NJ.  We worked together for 10 years.  I left to pursue another job and he stayed there for awhile but then he left also.  We always would touch base every few months just to say hi.  Well when I called him in 2019 to tell him John, my husband had died he told me the month before his wife had died of lung cancer.  We saw each other for lunch about a few months later.  We called each other every once in a while but I hadn't heard from him in about a year.  Well the day my Mom and I arrived in SC, we were sitting on the couch chatting and my phone rang.  I looked at the phone and said to my Mom I couldn't believe it but it said Scott Lee.  I chatted with him for about an hour.  I hadn't heard from him for that year because he had multiple surgeries and was only now feeling better.  When we hung up we said maybe we could meet in Charlotte, NC and have lunch.  I told him I was taking my Mom back home on November 1st.  He said to call him on the way home to break up the boring drive.  I told him I would.  I did call him and he said you are coming right through Statesville so if you can do you want to have lunch.  I said sure.  We had a lovely lunch-caught up on everything and then it was time to go since I stayed longer than I planned on.  When we were leaving the restaurant he said don't be a stranger.  I told him I would definitely call.  Now mind you Salisbury, NC is where he is living and I'm in Lake City, SC which is over 3 hours away.  Calling is good though with maybe lunch every once in a while in Charlotte.  Charlotte is 2 hours away from me.  It would take him about 1 hr. for him.  He called me after I left the restaurant later that day to see if I was doing ok with the drive and he talked to me until I reached home!  We both hated to hang up with each other.  He called the next day and we talked about him coming down here to see my home.  Well I think you can guess where this is going!  We have been dating and now I am moving to an apartment on 2/24 in Salisbury, NC to be closer to him.  In April I will be selling my house in SC.  I can't sell it now because I would have to pay capital gains on it because I haven't owned it for 2 years yet.  We both thought we would never find love again after losing our spouses, but we have.  We will never forget our spouses, but we realise they are never coming back and life is too short not to be happy.  He has 3 kids.  He got married later because he was a Marine in Desert Storm.  He didn't marry right after he got back for a few years.  His children are alot younger than mine.  He has 2 twin boys (Mason and Ben) who are 18 and then he has Katelyn, who is 16.  They are great kids.  Unfortunately my 2 girls are mad at me for dating, so they are not speaking to me.  They will just have to become more mature and realize I am old enough to know what I want to do.  They say they are happy for me dating, but in truth they are not.  Megan said I should have had a meeting with them before I told Scott I would date him.  She was also not happy that Scott took me away for the weekend of 11/27.  John passed away on that date 3 years ago.  I asked her if she was coming up to spend the day with me.  She said no, she was decorating for Christmas.  I asked her if Jenny and the boys were coming over and she said no they were busy.  Scott wanted to take me away with him because he didn't want me to be sad.  He wanted me to be happy.  It is unfortunate that they just don't get it.  Hopefully some day they will.  Scott and I have been seeing each other almost every weekend and I'm telling you, I can't wait to move closer to him.  This commuting back and forth is a pain!  We are both so very happy!

I have other news that isn't as happy as the news above.  Because of moving into an apartment and my 2 dogs barking so much, I have had to re-home them.  I miss them but they have gone to really great homes and are doing so very well.  Ginger was re-homed to my dog groomer and pet sitter.  Emma went to my dog groomer/petsitter's daughter, Olivia.  They are both being loved by the petsitter's grandson and Olivia's husband is over the moon with Emma!  Olivia loves her too.  She works for a vet 3 days a week, so I know the dogs will be very well cared for.  Scott has 6 dogs at his house, so if I get missing my dogs I just go pet his dogs.  One of the dogs is a puppy (Katelyn got a mini dauschund for Christmas), so there is plenty of loving going on there.  

So the moral of this whole wonderful story is:  Love happens when you least expect it and maybe from someone you don't expect.  Just enjoy your life with that person and be happy!  

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Sherri


18 comments:

  1. Sherri, So glad you have found happiness with Scott. You have lots of love to share with others. Your daughters are understandably unsettled but hopefully it will all work out! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Sherri. It sounds like you two are meant to be together. I used to love to go to Salisbury in October for their annual historic homes tour. Now I live too far, but I am familiar with that area. I hope you will be very happy in your new apartment and also that, in time, your daughters will come to a better understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Salisbury! I also love to go to Old Salem. Scott's son, Mason works there in the gunsmith shop.

      Delete
  3. Your husband has been gone four years. I am so happy for you…second chances…stay in touch as you enter this new chapter in your life. Just sorry you have to sell your lovely home. I a, familiar with the areas you talk about…been to Charlotte a million times. Lived in Lake City. Statesville often met friends there for movies and meals. I am guessing if you are moving near him, tho gs are progressing. Sorry about your daughters…hope his kids are taking this better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! Thank you for being happy for us. The girls are being really immature. I understand the shock at first, but it isn't like I didn't know Scott (and they had met him at my place of work when they came in to have lunch with me). Things are progressing, but I'm moving into an apartment. We thought we would give his kids time to get to know me, etc. before moving in together or getting married.

      Delete
  4. Totally cool. Hope your kids come around. Tell them to read the book "Saturday Night Widows" and maybe they'll understand a bit. Some may not until they are unfortunately in similar circumstances. Some may never. My Dad's colleague (an OB-Gyn) lost his wife, and years later married a Hispanic gal who was an acquaintance from years prior. The doc's grown daughter, a psychiatrist of all things, still refuses to accept the Hispanic wife. No matter now, as the doc died. The surviving widow is so sweet and kind, and travels to see friends and her grown kids. Hooray and Cheers for you and the new guy! A VERY lovely reason for missing some blog entries! Linda in Kansas (first widowed, married twice more...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda and thank you for your thoughts. I'm not getting exciting about my kids and their bad behavior anymore.. I was really sad and hurt at first. I thought I would just give them time, but they are not coming around. It is their loss. Scott's kids have accepted me with open arms and I'm glad for that! I really enjoy them alot.

      Delete
  5. P,s maybe keep the house one more year…visit family…might help…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't want to be in this area anymore. I really never wanted to move here. My daughters put pressure on me. I hardly ever get to see Owen my grandson. I will drive down from Salisbury to have lunch with him some times. The house will be going on the market March 1st. I put the word out and a few people from my neighborhood have come and look at it. Hopefully it will sell before I put it on the market officially.

      Delete
  6. This is such happy news, Sherri. Actually, I have a dear friend who passed away a couple of years ago. Her husband remarried in a year. Interestingly, I told him I know Jean would want him to be happy and he said his kids felt the same way. But you lost your husband 4 years ago? It's wonderful to find someone to love again. It's a gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! Actually John died 3 years ago on 11/27/2019. This November will be 4 years. My girls are old enough to understand that I want to be happy! After losing John so unexpectedly and then having to have chemo from April 2022-September 2022, I am ready to have happiness re-enter my life. Scott is a great guy and so are his kids and Dad. Thank you for your well wishes! :)

      Delete
  7. But I agree with other commenters that I would keep the house for a year after all the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post, Sherri. You are so right, this is the one life we get and time has passed. I'm so glad you've found happiness again and pray your girls will come around to understanding this.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! If I have learned anything life is precious and to find love twice in one's life time is amazing! I hope the girls come around, but I am proceeding with my new life with or without them. I wish it could be different and maybe they will come around.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you have many caring followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I am always so thankful for all my followers. Everyone has been so wonderful on here throughout the years. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Mary! I was hoping you would comment on here! Like I told Brenda, I really don't want to live here. I really miss the Charlotte area and Salisbury isn't that far North of Charlotte. The medical attention is better in that area also than down here. The house will be going on the market officially on 3/1. Great to hear from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that you had to make me the villain of your story in order to stay in the light and keep the onlookers in the dark. I'm sorry, so very sorry.... for you. I have no desire to clear my name in your book of fiction. Paint me however you need to paint me so the guilt doesn't feel so heavy. I am light as a feather.

    ReplyDelete