Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Thank you to my Followers!

I just want to say thank you to my followers that took the time to comment on my last post.  You all made me feel so wonderful!  💓  It has been hard on me not having my daughters happy for Scott and I.  I have gotten used to the idea that they may never come around.  I had to search long and hard and I have come up with that I am finally going to do something for me-I am going to be happy!  I know the girls loved their Dad and so did I.  Unfortunately, he passed away and I cannot bring him back.  Scott's wife, Becky died one month before my husband.  We both have had alot of grief, sadness and finding our way in the world as a widowed person.  We have been able to stand on our one two feet, get through the days of grief, sadness and heartache.  We will never forget our spouses, but they no longer are alive.  Again, I just want to say thank you to all you followers who comment on my blog, or lurk in the shadows.  I am forever grateful for all of you!

Sherri


4 comments:

  1. We are happy for you and your loved one. Do not give up on your children and grandchildren. You are their mom; they will come around if you wait. Keeping the home and coming back to visit will help that along. That is so so important...prayers dear sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Adventures! Even after recently reconnecting with "the one I didn't marry," between husband 1 and 2, from 36 years ago, my son was supportive, saying "Mom, you deserve to be happy, even if you marry him and move to Florida." I didn't but maybe your kids will come around. Have them read "Saturday Night Widows." Maybe they'll see the points of view of moving on with life. The women in that book are of different ages, so it might shock them a bit that such events could happen to them. Of course, there's always the line of "when you lose your spouse, you can do it your way." When I lost my first husband, whom I'd been with for 12 years, at the young age of 29, some of the lines I got were really bizarre. Interestingly, it was family, my parents, that said the stupidest stuff. It was old and new friends with an amazing gift of empathy that said the best things. A survivor's support group taught me things to help defend myself. Enjoy! Stay safe traveling and moving around all of this weird weather. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! You are the second one to tell me Saturday Night Widows was a good read. I will have to check it out.

      Delete