Monday, February 26, 2024

Spring is On Its Way!!

Hi Everyone!   I am pleased to announce Spring is on its way for sure in the little town of Rockwell!  The daffodils are blooming, the Star and Saucer Magnolias are blooming and the weather is getting warmer. It was 71 degrees here today!   I also hear the birds chirping loudly in the morning when I let Riley out.  They sound wonderful!

I have been spending alot of time going to the Park with Riley.  Usually walking 2 miles.  It is good for him and good for me!  I noticed the other morning when I took him out that he is morphing more into an adult dog now and not so puppy looking.  Here you can see for yourself:

Riley 1.25.2024-5 months old.


He acts like a gentleman most of the time at the park now when he passes people, but sometimes he just can't help himself.  Especially if someone says he's cute or wants to pet him.  I had trouble getting him back in the car to come home today!  He weighs a little over 50 lbs. now, so that was no easy fete.

I went out into the backyard today and guess what was blooming!  Tiny little purple violets-2 clumps of them and I see more getting ready to bloom.  Here is a photo (photo not that great because Riley started jumping around):


The moon has been so beautiful the last few nights.  Last night I turned my outside light off and got some really beautiful photos.  Here is one:


Last Friday I decided I had neglected my orchids long enough.  I took all of them out of their pots, cleaned up their roots, rinsed them off, sprayed their roots with hydrogen peroxide and then planted them in new soil.  I had to repot one because it got so large and one had a baby with it's own root system in it.  They are doing so much better now.  I also repotted a Christmas Cactus that needed refreshing.

Repotted Christmas Cactus.

Repotted orchids.


With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, I decided the house needed a little green.  I can also keep these things out for Easter too.

Just a little green and grape hyacinth.  It isn't real but it looks it.  I've had it for years, I think about 25 years.  I bought it at Pottery Barn.

A little green on my Dining Room table.

The little statues of the Irish couple is from Ireland.  My friend, Jean brought them back for me on one of her many trips about 30 years ago.  I also knitted the table runner.  I thought it would look good on this little side table.  It is actually a small piecrust edged drop leaf table.  I use it as a little table beside my Pumpkin Pine Stepback Cupboard.


I have been knitting alot too (when it was so cold to go out).  I'm working on the Heidi and Lana Drift Cowl.  I just started yesterday Heidi and Lana Lucky Coasters for St. Patrick's Day.  I don't have enough knitted though to show you yet.  I will when I have one done.  Here is what I've done with the Drift Cowl:

Drift Cowl in progress.

Well I hope everyone is getting some warmer weather or a hint of Spring also.  Everyone have a lovely day!


Sherri

6 comments:

  1. I love this post, Sherri. Like a breath of spring air!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I think we need that this time of year don't you!

      Delete
  2. Yep, Riley is looking regal, but there's loads of puppy in there. I know you've had dogs before, but have you considered going to a puppy training class with him? I was stunned at how my Golden would behave by looking at the other dogs lined up in the class. Helps when the puppy becomes a big doggie. We have a suburban lake where one beach and the grassy walk to it are specified for dogs. It's a blast watching them run, and then play in the water. I couldn't tell which was my wet Golden except for their collar colors. By the time we walked back to the car, she was fairly dry, then we had a bath at home. Your new place looks lovely! Leprechauns could confuse Riley. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, oh boy do I know there is alot of puppy in there! He has alot of energy but he is really good. He makes a great companion for me, too bad he doesn't talk and I'd be all set LOL!! I've tried puppy training classes before and I have never cared for them. I know alot of people do go to them, but they just aren't for me. I guess it's a vanilla/chocolate thing.

      Delete
  3. That's an interesting approach. Maybe there's some online YouTube stuff these days. I'm going to a graduation in Atlanta and get to meet my niece's service dog Golden. She and her daughter are certified assistance dog trainers. Sometimes a dog needing more training or reinforcement gets to visit them for a week or so. I just couldn't puppy train one and then send them on down the road to the next person. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I don't think I could train a puppy and send him on either.

    ReplyDelete