Friday, March 1, 2024

Happy First Day of March!

 Happy first day of March my friends!  I don't know about where you are but it is chilly, gray and rainy here today.  Not a great beginning to this month, but I've been knitting and reading.  

This is another good day to drink hot tea and that is what I am doing right now.  I took Riley out and got so cold.  I thought it would be good to have hot tea to warm up a bit.

Talking about Riley, yesterday he decided he wanted to spend some time just sitting (very regal I might add) on my bed for part of the afternoon.  He does this every once in a while.  He usually needs to be right up against me.  Here is the photo I snapped yesterday.  Sorry some of it is a shadow, but I still think he looks very regal!



I had gone to Harris Teeter on Monday to do my grocery shopping, I had picked up some roses and baby's breath.  I was able to make 3 different arrangements with them.  I put one in my room in the vase that was my Grandma's.  This morning when I woke up they looked so beautiful against the wall, I decided to take some photos.  This is what I took with my phone.






I thought they look so pretty and I especially like the one with the black background.  

Because it is raining here today and no walks in the park could be done, I decided to knit the Lucky coasters (I got one done) from Heidi and Lana.  I have 3 more to go.  Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!  The one I took a photo of needs to be washed and blocked when the others are done.


Yesterday I hung my Spring/St. Patrick's Day wreath on the front door also.  I made this wreath when I lived in SC.  It brings freshness to the door.  I'm still working on the pattern for the stained glass window for the door.  I lost momentum and I also was trying to draw the last flower part for the window.  I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should have the last flower partially opened or another fully opened one.  I don't want to make a mistake because once I start cutting it is pretty much the way it is going to be or I be wasting glass.  I'm going to work on it this weekend and decide.



I truly love this time of year!  It means renewal for me, new beginnings, flowers, trees coming back with their leaves and flowers, and this year it will be a labor of love creating all my new gardens!  I'm ready for this season!

Everyone have a lovely weekend and remember to take some time for yourself.  

Hugs,

Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Regal Riley is enjoying the sunbeams. It's nice that he lets you sleep on his bed. Your flowers are lovely. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete