Monday, May 19, 2008

It's a sad day in the McDermitt household

We found out on Saturday that our dog, Abby has diabetes and pancreatic cancer. We have decided to put her down today. The vet appt. is 2:30. We just don't want her to suffer anymore. She was not having a good morning at all, so we know we definitely made the right decision. We have had Abby for 11 1/2 years and she's been a really loyal dog! Thank you Abby for providing our family with so much love, companionship and happy times. You will be missed by all!

7 comments:

  1. Sherri, I'm so sorry about Abby. You're all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss. You're in my thoughts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you. We still miss our Reba, the worst doggie in the world, and it has been five years six dogs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Abby. It's so very hard to say goodbye to a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words. Abby is in a better place now and at peace. Y'all are so great-what wonder friends y'all are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Sherri I am so terribly sorry for your whole family. Pets become part of our families and parting with them is so painful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sherri, you're still in my thoughts and I hope the pain is slowly getting easier

    ReplyDelete