Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Watermelon is awesome!!


The other day I went to Harris Teeter on my way home from work. What was at the door, well my old friend watermelon!! Now I have always loved watermelon, but I have to say this is some of the best watermelon I have ever tasted!! I think I'll stop back there tonight and get some more. I also picked up my other favorite fruit, cherries! I wanted the Ranier Cherries from Washington state but they wanted $5.59/lb!!! Cherries are not light so that would have been one hefty price tag at the checkout. I also bought some red seedless grapes. They are always so good when you come inside from being out in the heat-they are so nice and cool and snappy! I have been trying to eat better lately and these wonderful fruits really hit the spot!

4 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

That water mellon looks wonderful. I haven't had one this year, maybe this weekend.
Marnie

Kay said...

I LOVE, LOVE Ranier cherries but they are a king's ransom here in Hawaii. Art's FAVORITE all time fruit is watermelon. Sometimes, he'll buy two at one time.

mysteryhistorymom said...

I love watermelon, too! I have a nice one cooling in the fridge. I think I will "open" it tonight!:) Lori

Darlene said...

I love watermelon and cherries too! We've been getting some nice cherries here this year and I've been indulging quite a bit. Like you I'm trying to eat better!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!