Friday, June 29, 2012

Email Frustrations!!!!

I found out someone had hacked into my email account.  I went in and changed my password.  I tried about an hour later to get into my email account and I couldn't!  I tried an hour later and same thing.  I called Time Warner and explained the situation to the first tech I spoke with.  Well to make a long story short, I ended up speaking to 8 techs!!!  This is just ridiculous that you have to get passed around to so many people.  The last tech said he could help me and he did.  Well with one catch!  I had to sign a form and have John sign it, fax it back to them and then get on a list for everything to be fixed which they said could take 3 or more days!!!  In this day an age isn't that just absurd!!  What is wrong with Time Warner??????  I am so frustrated with them right now that I am probably going to switch.  I want to retrieve my address book first and then I'm part ways with TW!

I think I will start using my gmail account instead of the carolina.rr account.  When I figure out what is going on, I'll let all of you know.

All I know is I'm one unhappy camper right now!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

TW and I parted ways a while back. Their service is horrible. I use my gmail now instead- xo Diana

Mary (Bookfan) said...

How frustrating, Sherri. I hope you can get your address book and move on. Good luck!

Sherri said...

Diana, I can't find an address book on the gmail account. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Kay said...

What the heck is going on right now? Somebody hacked into my son's account and got into his e-mail account. It sent me a link and without thinking, I opened it. Arrrghhhh.... I just wrote a post about it for tomorrow. I changed my password and had to clean scan my computer. Doggone it! Then today, I got ANOTHER one of those e-mails from a blogger friend. Something weird is going on.

Lynne said...

My e-mail account was hacked this morning too! Sent all my contacts something about a job. Changed the password and then opened a new account. I use yahoo and was able to transfer my entire contact list over to the new account. What a pain!

dkzody said...

If you get your email account hacked, you really should start keeping a check on your credit. This is often the beginning of the way into a credit scam.

vicki said...

Ugh-- oh Sherri- things like that drive me crazy!! I have NO patience for that stuff--/- I sure hope it all gets worked out for you--
Vicki

jenclair said...

Not only yours, but a dozen other accounts that have been hacked and sending emails. Mostly people I know, but some names I don't recognize!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I'm just now looking into setting up an email account... since we're moving (and my current email is via local internet/phone provider)... couldn't find an address book on gmail either. So I don't know yet with whom I will set up my account.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!