Monday, June 4, 2012

I love my knitting friends!!

Yesterday some of my knitting friends and I met at Dilworth Coffee in Mint Hill, NC. We celebrated one of our friends birthday (which was Saturday). I made her a pair of earrings and she really liked them! She loves the earrings I make so I figured I would be safe making a pair for her. We were knitting and chatting for about 4 hours and then we all left and went our separate ways. While I was driving home, I realized even more how much those knitting friends mean to me! We are from all over the US, we are in all different financial stages in our life, we are basically the same age with a year or two, all of us have had children and some of us are grandmothers. We have been through lots of things in our lives and we have supported each other through it. I guess what I'm just trying to say is that they are a great group of women and they mean alot to me! Some of the girls joke around and say that we are all going to form a knitting commune when we retire and we'll cook, clean, do laundry, shop, knit and just be!! Sounds good to me!!

4 comments:

  1. They sounds like an awesome group of women to be friends with....and so are you!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri-
    I truly believe that knitting is the tie that binds true souls together. There is something very special about sharing the knitting experience with friends -- it brings people together in amazing ways. This is a lovely story -- I hope your group stays together for a long long time~~

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a joy to have that girlfriend time? Sounds like a fabulous time :)

    ReplyDelete