Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I'm working on.

I have been knitting a Silk Moon Crescent Shawl for a little while now.


I'm making mine in a cotton/silk blend.  The colors are all pastel (pink, blues, greens, white).  I really love knitting it-the yarn is so soft.  I was however, getting a little bored with this shawl.  I decided to knit 2 project at one time.  So I started knitting the Angel Wingspan Shawl.  This really is more like a scarf but I love it!!  Here is a picture of the Wingspan Shawl, but I'm doing the Angel Wingspan Shawl that has larger holes between each triangular section.  When I get a day that is good for photographs, I will take some pictures of what I'm working on.
My Angel Wingspan Shawl is in royal blue, turquoise, lime green.  It is really pretty!  I love learning new things.

Tonight my knitting group meets and I wonder what new patterns are out there and what wonderful new yarns Sara has at her shop!  It is all so very tempting!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

7 comments:

Mary said...

These are so beautiful Sherri, look forward to seeing your finished piece. Wonder what gorgeous item you'll find next - I'm such a plain knitter and have never learned to do anything fancy such as this! I need classes too.

Happy week - Mary X

Sherri said...

Both projects are really easy Mary-you could knit either one! I love knitting!

Vicky said...

I discovered your blog and your etsy shop and I love you precious projects! Regards, Vicky

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I love the royal blue, turquoise, lime green combination, Sherri. I hope you'll post a pic when you finish!

tinajo said...

That is gorgeous - maybe I´ll get going with my chrochet again this fall... Haven´t felt for it during the summer by some reason.

Kay said...

I'm always so amazed by your creations, Sherri.

vicki said...

Wow Sherri- both patterns are so unique and different-- I can't wait to see these patterns in the yarns you've chosen--- you are so adventurous!!
Vicki


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!