Sunday, December 28, 2014

I made soap!!!

My daughter, Megan loves anything Irish.  With a name like Megan McDermitt now Nowak how could she not!!  I have always wanted to make soap.  Well before Christmas I bought a kit and guess what the mold was Celtic Knots!!  I thought I would buy a kit first so I would have step by step instructions.  It was very easy and not very time consuming either!  Here is the final results:

Jenny,my other daughter had given me a flower silicone mold for my birthday, so the left over soap mixture I poured into that and made 2 bars of that type soap!  That is the soap on the right.  Megan loved the soap and was really surprised when I told her I made it!!  I gave Jenny bars of the flower soap and she liked that too!

I will definitely be making more!  I have pinned so many recipes off Pinterest that I have alot of recipes to choose from. 

Have an awesome day!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Sherri, You did a fine job. It looks so pretty. That will make nice gifts for any occasion. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Very cool, Sherri!


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!