Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Tree Time!



This weekend John and I will be picking out our Christmas Tree!  Last year we got it at a tree farm stand and we will probably go back to the same place.  We live in Mint Hill and this little old man has the tree farm stand there.  I love shopping local!  Maybe even the grandboys (and their parents) will want to go with us!

When our girls were little, we would go to the local tree farms for our tree.  We were lucky enough to live in an area that had so many tree farms.  Actually we raised Christmas trees on our own farm but they were to small to harvest when we lived there.  We would go in the morning before the crowds got too bad.  We would traipse all over the farm looking for just the right tree.  My girls would loved "hunting" the perfect tree down.  Then we would come home and warm up in front of the fire drinking hot chocolate.  Then we would bring the tree in, get it in the stand, fill the holder with water.  We wouldn't decorate the tree for a few days, we would let the tree take in water and let its branches come down a bit.  The girls and I actually strung cranberries and popcorn strings for the tree-we had such fun!!

Even though our girls are grown now, I still remember those tree hunting days like they were yesterday!  Great memories!!

5 comments:

  1. Sherri, I heard this week, you should saw a fresh new slice off the bottom of your tree then put it in water. I hope you find the perfect tree. :):)Blessings for a fun weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun picking your tree. We no longer have real trees but I have so many memories from my childhood picking out 'the best' tree.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, Sherri. Hope you find a great tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie-the tree place cut about 2 inches off for us when we purchased it. John and I always cut the bottom of the tree if the seller doesn't. It helps the tree take up the water.

    We got a really nice tree-fraser fir. When I have it all decorated I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh... And now you've brought those memories back for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete