Sunday, July 24, 2016

My Birthday Yesterday and the Garden

Yesterday was my 57th birthday!  I received some many well wishes from family and friends for which I am truly blessed!  My daughter, Jenny and the grandboys, my Mom, Dad and sister, Sue called me too!  I also got a call from my friend, Linda and I called to thank my sweet, dear friend, Angie for the lovely bouquet of flowers she sent me!!!  Here they are:

These flowers are just gorgeous!!  She is so thoughtful she found  place in Charlotte that has a Charlotte pitcher that is designed from an 18th century pitcher.  Just gorgeous!!

These roses are just so awesome, the color is just gorgeous!!

I decided to have a really low-key birthday.  Jenny was taking the boys to a birthday party and she had the Gwen Stefani concert at night so they couldn't come over.  So John and I just slept in, he made me breakfast in bed!!  My favorite French toast with bacon, orange juice and hot tea.  Perfect.  Then we watched some HGTV, I read my book, I looked at some magazines and just plain did nothing!!  It was perfect!!

I did take a walk around the garden.  Here are some photos from that:

I was standing at our mailbox and looked up, this is the view down our street.  The clouds were so beautiful!!

Our white crape myrtle is in full bloom by our garage now.  Just gorgeous!

We had a little shower yesterday afternoon.  Well it actually rained pretty hard.  I love when flowers have little raindrops on them!

I have some lamb's ears in my garden and I just love the texture of the leaves.

My roses are blooming again.  Just gorgeous and the aroma is even better :)!

My everbearing strawberries are blooming again.

I almost forgot, on Friday after work my co-workers took me out for a drink or two!  These beauties were so good.  We went to Hickory Tavern and Debbi and I had Strawberry Watermelon Mojitos!!!  Carl and Adam had Dirty Martini's.  We had a whole lot of fun!!  They are great to work with!!  

The bumblebees have been busy in the garden.  They really love the hosta flowers.  They are all blooming now. 

This bumblebee was busy in on the salvia in the front garden.

The swallowtails love, love, love the butterfly bush.

I had a wonderful birthday present from Mother Nature yesterday!!  Our little bluebird babies decided they needed to fly yesterday!  There are 7 of them, yes you read right 7 of them!!!  They were so cute flitting around the backyard and clinging onto the pine trees.  They also decided my fountain by the back door needed to be tried out.  They drank and took baths one after the other.  Mama and Daddy Bluebird hovered near by but they let their babies try their wings out!!  I couldn't get any pictures of them flying around the yard but one landed on the bluebird box.
I had to take this photo from pretty far away but you can see the little baby on the top of the box.

We also had alot of hummingbird visits!  They were super busy at the hummingbird feeder yesterday, I guess because it was 102 degrees here!!  One little hummer comes and I guess she gets tired so she sits on top fo the shepherd's crook.  I was able to snap her photo!!
Isn't she just the cutest little thing!!  I love them.
Well that is about all I have for today!  It is was a wonderful weekend and I am truly blessed and loved.  I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends!!  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday and weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sherri! Sounds like you had a lovely day and your family pampered you. Love the story about the blue bird family. Gorgeous flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a great day and were able to celebrate it with friends.
    Your garden looks so pretty too!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! What beautiful flowers you have. That bouquet is breathtaking! Well done getting that wonderful picture of the swallowtail butterfly. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday Sherri. Love the wildlife in your garden - the birds have a beautiful place to hang out in this very hot weather.

    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! What a lovely place your garden is!

    ReplyDelete