I have not posted on my blog since February!! Where does the time go!
Here are some things that have kept me busy this Spring and Summer:
1. I am going to share with you something I found out in April. I had a lump on my neck and went to the Dr. The short version of this story is they surgically removed the lump and I have B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I was so taken by surprise because I have felt well and I really didn't feel sick. I am in the first level of this cancer. So the Dr. told me right now they are just going to monitor me, which means blood work every 3 months and Lymph Node checks. No chemo or radiation right now. I was a little skeptical of that diagnosis at first but then I did some research and that is what happens. So I keep praying I stay in this level.
2. I quit my horrible job that I endured for 1 year! I started working in May for GCI Construction. They are a multi-family, family-owned construction business here in Charlotte. I am a Project Accountant there. I am settling in rather nicely! Atleast there is no more screaming and yelling like at the last job! That woman there really needs to get help!!
3. In June I had a horrible kidney infection along with sciatica issues. This had nothing to do with Lymphoma and I was really scared something was going on with that because the pain was almost unbearable! I rested and got better and now I do stretches every day for the sciatica.
4. April 19th my cute little grandson, Jack turned 3! Where does the time go!! On July 11th, Owen my oldest grandson will be turning 5!! YIKES, I feel old!! They are both so cute and John and I really enjoy being with them.
5. Saturday I was talking to my Mom on the phone and half my crown fell out!! Of course, it was a holiday weekend so I couldn't see the Dentist until today! Well she was going to make a new crown and she has a very expensive machine that makes the crown while you wait, so no temporary crown and then 2 weeks later coming back. Sounds good right! Well today when they went to make my crown the machine broke. So I now have a temporary crown and have to wait 2 weeks for the new one. Oh well, atleast that sharp edge isn't cutting into my tongue anymore!
6. I have been reading alot. I have read these books:
1. The Seafront Tea Rooms by Vanessa Green
2. Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
3. All the Single Ladies by Dorothea Benton Frank
4. The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews
5. All Summer Long by Dorothea Benton Frank
They were all so good but I especially like The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews. I think it is her best book yet!! I went to a book signing she was having at Park Road Books here in Charlotte. I got to meet her, she signed my book and she chatted with me for a little while! I even had my picture taken with her. She is so down to earth and funny!!
So as you can see this is how my Spring and Summer has been! I still would like to get to the Beach before the summer is over. John and I might go for my birthday (July 23rd) or our anniversary (8/11). It would just be an overnight trip but it is just what we both need!!
I have missed you all and I hope to be on here more often! I really miss posting and chatting with all of you!
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!