Monday, January 16, 2017

Sometimes You Just Have to Do What You Have to Do!

Everyone is probably wondering what I'm talking about in the title of this post.  Well today I quit my job.  It has been stressful, not good for my health at all, negative and just plain ridiculous at times!  I came home from work on Friday and I told John that the meeting with my boss and supervisor was the last straw.  I typed up my resignation, made a list of things for HR to know about and then chilled out for the rest of the night.  I am going to take some time off.  I started not feeling very good about 2 weeks ago because of all the stress.  My health and well-being is more important than putting up with the circus I have been dealing with for sure!  Now I am going to turn my life towards happier, healthier and less stressful things. 

I am going to get back to making some jewelry, soap, knitting, reading books and just plain resting.  I just started a book called The Titans by Leila Meacham. 

Photo Courtesy of Goodreads.com





I have a shawl I started called Lilli Pilli that I need to get out and start working on.

Lilli Pilli Shawl Photo Courtesy of Ravelry.com


 
My youngest daughter, Jenny and I want to make soap.  We talked about getting started on that.  I will be selling some on etsy.  I'll let you know when it is on there if you are interested.  I am really excited about that!!

I will also be drinking alot of tea while I read.  I have so many favorites and some new ones to try.  Looking forward to that.  I also will be doing some pencil drawings.  I have some pictures I would like to try to draw.

There are so many things that are so positive that I can do to undo the negativity!!  This is a life-changing day for me!!  Life is too short my friends!  Carpe diem!!


5 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I have many positive things to say about my last job but in latter years it wasn't a fun place and I can't tell you the relief I felt when I was made redundant. Even my mum said the difference in me was noticeable. Good luck with your next steps and I certainly think you've done the right thing resigning. We spend too much time in the work place to be unhappy.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good for you in leaving the job, Sherri. You have to take care of yourself first - and if you don't, who will? I hope you can relax and feel better in a less-stressful environment. Sounds like you have wonderful plans to do just that :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a great plan!

NanaDiana said...

Good for you, Sherri! I see the idiot above found you, too, this morning. lol And you notice he is anonymous--SUCH a brave soul!!!
I left my last job, too, and took early retirement. I had a horrible supervisor and the boss above her was even worse. I loved the job itself but there were so many changes that needed to be made (that are still unchanged today)...so, I left and never looked back.
I hope you really ENJOY spending some time at home and just BEING....xo Diana

Sherri said...

Thank you everyone for all the support. I have had some wonderful jobs and some that were not so wonderful, but the treatment by my supervisor and the president of construction was appalling. I resigned Monday a.m. and I have not even heard back from HR. That is how much this company cares! I'm not looking back for sure! This morning I walked with Jenny, 2 times around our neighborhood which I think is 1 mile. We are starting slow and will work up to doing some hiking. I'm enjoying that time with Jenny! I also started organizing some things in the house and was doing a much needed dusting downstairs. Tomorrow will be upstairs. I feel so much better and best of all Emma is so happy I'm home :)!!!!

Yes, unfortunately Diana I did hear from the person who posted that spam that I deleted. People who do things like that and remain anonymous are cowards and losers as far as I am concerned!

I am sitting here listening to Peaceful Piano on Spotify while I type this post and I am so relaxed and so pleased to be able to be home. That is a true blessing for me!! Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!