Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Hurricane Dorian

Well by now I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about Hurricane Dorian.  I certainly am.  I wanted to let everyone know we are all right though.  Mint Hill didn't have any affects from Dorian at all.  Our daughter, Megan moved during the Hurricane to Georgetown, SC.  She did have damage but everything is all right now.  Her new house was fine but she lost a few trees (one narrowly missing her husband's car)!  She did however, have all of her possessions in the garage of the new house waiting to close on the house.  The garage flooded and everything they owned got wet!  They lost 2 Queen size mattresses and box springs, 1 wardrobe, 2 cubbies, some board games, 2 pieces of artwork and 1 whole box of cookbooks.  They were very lucky they didn't lose everything!  Their closing also got postponed to today (one week after they were supposed to close). 

I am just glad they are all right and most of their possessions are all right.  You can replace thing but you cannot replace people.  I wish them all the luck in their new home!!

4 comments:

  1. Sherri, I know it was a loss for your family...but nothing they can not replace. Thank God. Glad you are all safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are all safe, Sherri!! After seeing, and hearing about all the damage for others. I was reading your previous post about the butterflies. How beautiful! Since the weather is cooling down, the butterflies were here for a while, too. Now the bees are plentiful!! I'm happy to see the roses making a comeback in the gardens. It won't be long, and we will be getting our first frost...so I will enjoy the flowers as long as I can. Enjoy the weather now that things are calming down. Debbie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was just things your daughter lost to the hurricane. I hope they love their new home and location!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nooo... I'm so sorry about the flooded garage, but I'm glad everyone was safe and things could get replaced.

    ReplyDelete