Monday, April 6, 2020

Wow, you just turn around and now it is April!

Hi Everyone!

Wow, so much has happened since I posted last.  I first want to say, I am sorry for everyone who has lost someone they know to COVID-19.  What a horrible virus this has been!  Here in NC we are in a Stay at Home order and have been for a few weeks now.  I worry and pray for my family in NJ and here.  I know NJ has been hit really bad (as well as NY).  My sisters are not letting my Mom go out anywhere.  She has been all right.  I have been home since March 17th.  On March 27th I was let go from my job due to COVID-19.  COVID-19 has just wreaked havoc with everything we know and do.  It really needs to go.  With all that said, I have been trying to keep busy.  I have been reorganizing, painting (a little), knitting, reading, gardening, baking and cooking.  In the beginning I was also painting rooms (the guest room and guest bath).   Here are some photos of things I have been doing:
Reorganized the pantry

Reorganized my tea cabinet

Caprese  (Basil was  from my garden)

Grilled Steak, Caprese and some boiled potatoes




Planted my Hosta-Great Expectations

This is the Rose of Sharon from the one I gave my Dad.  My Dad passed away 3.5 years ago.

My lavender is blooming.  So I guess it loves it here!



Last night I made Ginger Chicken Stir Fry

Chinese Noodles and Duck Sauce

Enjoying nature.  Cloud watching today from my courtyard patio.

Little goldfinch came to my birdbath today.  I had my first hummingbird today too at the hummingbird feeder I put out :)!


The reorganized courtyard patio at my house.
Beautiful moon rising up through the trees tonight

I made banana bread.  It was so good with my morning tea!

The knockout roses in my neighborhood are starting to bloom!

I finally got my garden in shape, so I put my armillary out.  Love this piece.

Hope you enjoyed the photos today!  Be back tomorrow with more! :)  Everyone be safe, stay home and be well.  Hugs to you all!

3 comments:

  1. You have been keeping busy! Your garden is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have been laid off dear - hopefully brighter, better days are ahead. Just be sure to stay well and be strong.
    Sherri, have you moved? Looks like you are in a different house.
    Gardening is such a lovely thing to do at this very frightening time -I 'm so thankful to have mine - and we're lucky to be in NC aren't we as Spring came early and everywhere is looking so beautiful.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary-John and I had moved on 11/23 to a 55+ neighborhood. That was a Saturday. That next Wednesday is when John died unexpectedly. I have immersed myself in the garden, painting the 2 bedrooms, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete