Thursday, April 30, 2020

Yesterday Playing in the Garden

Yesterday I had to go to Lowe's for some more potting soil.  I had received my Dahlia tubers the other day.  I decided this year to grow them in pots.  The soil here is horrible and I would have to do so much ammending that it is just easier to grow them in pots this year.  I also put together an urn ont he front porch.  I bought 2 different colors of coleus, 1 New Guinea Impatient, and a purple million bells or mini petunia.  Here is a photo of that:



Here is some closeups of the 2 different coleus' I planted in the pot:



The other day my son-in-law, Kevin put this hanging plant up for me.  I really love it!!


I have been trying to grow my own veggies, now that I don't have a squirrel issue.  I have tomatoes, yellow squash, beans, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, potatoes and herbs growin in the courtyard now.  Here are some photos of some I have:

This is one of two pots of potatoes.

Tomatoes growing

Green Beans-I need to transplant some into another pot.

I also bought myself an early Mother's Day gift!!  I bought a blue hydrangea!  I have always loved them.  I planted it in a large pot.  I will probably leave it in there.  The rain knocked it down a little.  I'll have to stake it up and tie it.  Here are some photos:



Well I hope you enjoyed the stroll around my garden and porch!!  Everyone stay home if you can and be well!

Hugs,


Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty! Have fun growing your veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy for you. It’s wonderful to see things growing and beginning to thrive at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers, Sherri. I hope you'll post update pics as they settle into their pots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I'm planning to plant the dahlia tubers I purchased - but in the garden. I've not grown them here ever but love them so much
    will give it a go! We grew them in my childhood garden in England - my mother had a green thumb - and they were so beautiful year after year. Keep me up to date on how they do in your pots please Sherri. All my huge hydrangea bushes are blue - starting to bud already - they are my favorites.
    Stay well dear.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete