Monday, August 18, 2008

My Uncle John passed away last night



I had posted this picture of my Uncle John (on the left) and my Dad a little while ago. This picture was probably taken in the 1970's. My Uncle John lost his battle with 3 different kinds of cancer last night around 10:00 p.m. He was living in Montrose, Colorado and is survived by my Aunt May, their son, Michael, my cousins, John, Karen and Mary from his first marriage and numerous grandchildren. My uncle was a POW in the Korean War. He was my father's second eldest brother. He was a residential builder, just like all 3 of his brothers. He lived a hard life and he will be missed. Fly away to a better place Uncle John-may you rest in peace!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Sherri. It's always so very sad and painful to lose a loved one. I hope your uncle's passing was not too difficult for him and he did not suffer.

    I loved seeing the wedding photos of your daughter. How wonderful! It must have been such a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, condolences to you and the rest of the family, especially your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherri, my deepest condolences for your families sad loss, so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! He fought long and hard and now he is in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, I'm truly sorry about your Uncle John especially since he must have suffered so much. Blessings to you and the rest of your family.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete