Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Moving all my plants today.

Jenny, Megan and I are moving all my plants over to the townhouse today. I was going to do this on Thursday night when I had the company truck, but I'm afraid the wind will rip the plants if they aren't protected inside of a vehicle. My bird of paradise plant is huge! I will wrap the leaves and the main stem or trunk in towels so it doesn't get bruised. I also have my lemon tree to protect, especially now that it has blossoms on it and little lemons again. My banana tree is pretty hard and so is the palm tree so I'm not too worried about that. We might even bring over the fountain. I would love to get that working before we move in. I have the bird feeder my Dad made to bring over yet too. I need John for that though. He has to dig a hole for the post. I hope the birds come to the feeder because I noticed last night my neighbor has a fake owl on his fence. I hope he doesn't dislike birds. We haven't met him yet. The owner of the townhouse said he has been fighting with the builder about stupid little things and now his house is for sale. I'm trying to not form an opinion of him before I meet him. That wouldn't be fair. I noticed the walk up to the front door is long so I can put some plants up closer to the house too if the courtyard feels too much like a jungle. I'll be putting the 2 black urns with the plants in them on either side of the front door. Hopefully I can start taking pictures so everyone will understand what I'm talking about! Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck moving the plants. Hope nothing gets broken or bruised but if it does, it will recover.

    Maybe the neighbor with the owl on the fence is having trouble with chipmunks or squirrels.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you find it less stressful moving a bit at a time? I think it would be, unless of course you get to the point where you'd just like it all over with.

    May your plants love their new home too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda-I am finding it less stressful. I know I have my kitchen and pantry all set up ahead of time. I can place everything where I want it before the furniture arrives and when it gets there on Friday I can start putting everything in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a townhouse also with a courtyard. I grew up in a house in the country on an acre of land and woods all around. I love where I am so much better. I spent so many of my childhood days cleaning up yard debris that if I never have to move a fallen branch again, or rake leaves, it will be fine with me. Wait till you see how cute you can make that courtyard!!

    ReplyDelete